One of the easiest and most delicious low carb side dishes; and it’s easy to prepare as well.
- 2-3 Delicata Squash
- Olive oil
- Herbs; your choice
- No-salt seasoning (Trader Joe’s has a good one; 21 Seasoning Salute)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Split the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
3. Rub the insides with olive oil and herbs and seasonings.
4. Slice the half squashes into 1/2 inch “moons” – see the photo above.
5. Rub oil on a baking sheet – put slices pulp face down; make sure each piece is separate on the pan.
6. Bake for 20 minutes – turn pieces over and bake another 25 minutes until soft and brown on both sides.