Back to Greece for a Greek Salad update-plus a salad with the first tomatoes from our garden-I wait all year for this–tomatoes from the garden can’t be equalled! And of course, low carb and easy to prepare. With such delicious fresh ingredients simple preparation is the best.
Fresh Tomato Salad
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3)
- 2-3 ripe, fresh sliced tomatoes (depending on size), per serving
- Walnut or other nut oil ( I also use Hazelnut oil from Trader Joe’s) or good Greek olive oil
- Fresh chives cut and sprinkled on top (chives are easy to grow in pots)
- Fresh ground black pepper and salt-free seasoning if you like
1. Slice tomatoes, put on serving plates
2. Drizzle with oil ( about 2 Tbsp per serving)
3. Sprinkle chopped chives on top
4. Grind pepper, add seasoning if you like
That’s it! So simple and delicious!